Applications for the inaugural Colin Nettelbeck Postgraduate Prize have been extended by two weeks until Wednesday 14 July 2021. All HDR candidates and ECR scholars (not yet in a permanent academic position) enrolled in a French Studies-related research degree at an Australian or New Zealand university in the last five years are invited to apply. The $1000 prize funding may be used for research-related travel, however due to the pandemic this travel may reasonably be delayed until safe and feasible. The prize can also be used to fund other costs including training, conference or technical assistance to support a research project.
The Australian Society for French Studies
Colin Nettelbeck Prize
In honour of founding Australian Society for French Studies member, Emeritus Professor Colin Nettelbeck, and his long-term contributions to the support of postgraduates in French Studies, the ASFS announces a new prize for postgraduate or precariously-employed early career researcher members of the Society. The Colin Nettelbeck Prize is designed to support research and travel costs with funds of up to $1000 for a French Studies-related project, including:
- Travel for research-related purposes, such as to present at a conference, conduct archival research, travel to a cotutelle institution, etc.,
- Other research-related costs, such as research assistance, essential software/ training, etc.
Applicants must be:
- Either currently enrolled in or recently graduated (within the last 5 years) from a postgraduate research degree at an Australian or New Zealand university in a French Studies-related field,
- Not yet employed in a full-time academic position,
- Current members of the Australian Society for French Studies.
Applications must include:
- A one-page proposal presenting the candidate, research project and expected outcomes,
- A budget outlining the proposed costs,
- Where applicable, evidence of acceptance of a paper to a relevant national or international conference, or of acceptance into a cotutelle program or visiting fellowship,
- The details of one referee able to support the application.
Please send applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 July 2021.