In honour of founding Australian Society for French Studies member, Emeritus Professor Colin Nettelbeck, and his long-term contributions to the support of postgraduates in French Studies, the ASFS announces a new prize for postgraduate or precariously-employed early career researcher members of the Society. The Colin Nettelbeck Prize is designed to support research and travel costs with funds of up to $1000 for a French Studies-related project, including:
- Travel for research-related purposes, such as to present at a conference, conduct archival research, travel to a cotutelle institution, etc.,
- Other research-related costs, such as research assistance, essential software/ training, etc.
Applicants must be:
- Either currently enrolled in or recently graduated (within the last 5 years) from a postgraduate research degree at an Australian or New Zealand university in a French Studies-related field,
- Not yet employed in a full-time academic position,
- Current members of the Australian Society for French Studies.