Applications for the English language teaching assistant program in France are now open! I would be grateful if you could pass on the following information to your students. This is a wonderful opportunity to discover France, immerse oneself in its culture, perfect one’s language skills, and gain valuable professional experience.
- The program is aimed at students who intend to become language teachers, as well as to those who simply have a passion for everything French!
- There are 50 available positions for the 2016-2017 school year – from 1 October 2016 until until 30 April 2017. The position is remunerated.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates should be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions (from 1 October 2016).
- Candidates must be enrolled at university at the time of application, and must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- Minimum Level B1 in French is required (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom in oral and written English with small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
Conditions of employment:
- Length of contract: 7 months – from 1 October 2016 until 30 April 2017. The length of the contract cannot be changed. The teaching assistant enjoy the same holiday periods as the teachers and students.
- A 12-hour per week schedule.
- Positions available in primary and secondary schools. The assistant may be assigned to up to two different schools.
- Gross monthly allowance: €964.88 / Net monthly allowance: around €795. Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Social security cover: Assistants are covered by the French Social Security system from the time they take up their position (1 October 2016) until the end of their assistantship.
For further information, please visit the following link: http://www.ambafrance-au.org/Assistantships-in-Metropolitan-France-and-Overseas-Departments-for-2016-2017.
Application deadline: 14 December 2015
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Assistant to the Higher Education Attaché
France Alumni Australie Coordinator
Embassy of France
6 Perth Avenue, Yarralumla
Canberra ACT 2600
(02) 6216 0137