Nicolas Baudin Grants
Nicolas Baudin grants consist in a return flight ticket between Australia and France. Recipients of French government grants are also covered by social security during their time in France, as well as being exempt from paying any visa fees.
Students are eligible to apply through the following frameworks:
1) Students seeking to undertake a research internship in a French laboratory in collaboration with a French company in the framework of the “Internship in France” initiative.
2) Students seeking to undertake a research internship in France outside of the Embassy’s “Internship in France” initiative.
3) Students enrolled at an Australian university seeking to take part in an exchange program /study abroad at a French establishment.
4) Students seeking to pursue a full degree at a French university (students will obtain a French degree at the end of their studies), including double degrees jointly offered by a French and an Australian university.
5) Students seeking to undertake a short term program at a French establishment. This includes summer and winter school programs.
In the 2018 round, there are 56 internships available for Australian students offering many opportunities to work with French research labs and industrial partners such as Naval Group, Airbus, Parrot, Total, Nikon and Tales to name a few.
(See links for eligibility requirements and application forms).