Job no: 493402
Work type: Part time
Categories: Academic – Research Focus
- Fixed-term, Part time role (0.60 FTE)
- Appointment until December
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate
With a learning and teaching focus, this role teaches in the French program in on-campus, on-line, and blended delivery modes while also participating in the development of initiatives to build and enhance opportunities for wider community engagement with Language learning in Tasmania.
- Provide academic support for French language units
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Undertake high-quality research of national or international standing and publish research findings.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- PhD in relevant discipline (Level B), or significant progress towards PhD in relevant discipline or the equivalent to a Masters level qualification in a relevant discipline (Level A)
- A good record of and continuing commitment to research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions to a relevant field of research, demonstrated by a record of quality publications, presentations at conferences and/or success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning in French with a demonstrated ability to present effectively to small groups in face-to-face, blended, or fully online teaching modes.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- The ability to relate effectively and sensitively to students and staff from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and to maintain a professional manner at all times when dealing with staff and students.
Level A – Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $99,653 comprising base salary within the range of $66,785 to $91,008 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Level B – Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $122,202 comprising base salary within the range of $93,711 to $112,705 plus 9.5% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position please contact Lisa Fletcher, Head of School, Humanities, Lisa.Fletcher@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 1725.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 25 March 2019. 11.55pm