The Department of French and Francophone Studies at the University of Sydney is seeking to appoint a Lecturer at level B, with expertise preferably in the field of French and Francophone Cultural Studies (cultural, historical or literary studies) or socio-linguistics but other areas relevant to French and Francophone Studies will be considered.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- maintain a research profile compatible with the Department’s research programmes through publication and research grant application
- coordinate and teach language units in the French and Francophone major including at all levels from Beginner to Advanced
- coordinate and teach culture units at all levels and adapt to Departmental needs with regard to curriculum development
- participate in teaching collaboration including team-teaching of undergraduate cultural units in the Department and School
- supervise honours and postgraduate research students in French and Francophone Studies
- work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and assume roles in administration and planning in the Department and School
- coordinate and help promote French and Francophone Studies within the university and to the community.
We are seeking a Lecturer who has:
- a PhD in French or Francophone Studies
- native or near native competency in French and English
- a strong record of peer-reviewed publications relative to opportunity
- demonstrated experience and commitment to innovative teaching and course development in French and Francophone Studies, including language and culture courses
- experience in designing and teaching French-language modules at different levels with demonstrated success in promoting student retention and achieving high levels of language competency
- demonstrated ability, relative to opportunity, to develop and maintain an active research program including research grant applications
- evidence of their capacity to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and to assume roles in administration and planning in the Department and School.
- excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Desirable for appointment is your:
- experience of interdisciplinary teaching and research
- experience in developing and implementing innovative teaching including but not limited to digital teaching methodologies
- experience in research-led teaching
- ability to undertake collaborative research
- record of successful honours and research student supervision relative to opportunity
- demonstrated academic administration skills.
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the University of Sydney website by 24 April 2022.