Postgraduate / ECR Writing and Peer Support Group
The postgraduate and early career researcher Writing and Peer Support Group, initiated by former ASFS Postgraduate Officer, Clara Sitbon, is a writing group and discussion space for French studies postgraduates across Australia.
Throughout 2023, the ASFS will be running this group again. There will be three ‘cycles’, with each consisting of a writing day (all day), a writing exchange (via email), and a feedback session (1-hour or thereabouts).
If you would like to participate in one, some, or all of the sessions, please write to the Postgraduate Officer, Beth Kearney (firstname.lastname@example.org), who can answer any questions that you may have about the initiative.
The group will run online, via Zoom. It is open to ASFS members who are either research students (from honours to PhD levels) or early career scholars (in the broad sense of the term). The initiative does not just facilitate a writing exchange process; it is also designed to offer a space to discuss challenges associated with the research and writing process, and to create connections between French studies scholars across Australia and New Zealand.
Please see below the schedule for 2023, while keeping in mind that it is flexible; depending on those who choose to participate, we are able to adjust the precise days and times to suit the cohort.
Cycle 1 [April 2023]
- Writing day: Friday 7 April 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- Upload our writing to Dropbox: Sunday 16 April (evening)
- Feedback session: Friday 21 April (1-hour meet-up TBD)
Cycle 2 [July 2023]
- Writing day: Friday 14 July 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- Upload our writing to Dropbox: Sunday 23 July (evening)
- Feedback session: Friday 28 July (1-hour meet-up TBD)
Cycle 3 [November 2023]
- Writing day: Friday 3 November 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- Upload our writing to Dropbox: Sunday 12 November (evening)
- Feedback session: Friday 17 November (1-hour meet-up TBD)