The Laureates programs in France are co-financed by the Embassy, the hosting university in France and the home university in Australia.
All French higher education establishments are eligible to participate in the program.
Students enrolled in Australian universities that are members of the Group of Eight, Australian Technology Network of Universities, Innovative Research Universities and students enrolled at Macquarie University can submit their candidature for one of the French internships on offer. Their stay will be co-financed by the Embassy, their hosting university in France and their home university in Australia.
The objectives of the “Internships in France” initiative are:
- Increase student mobility from Australia to France
- Contribute to the attractiveness and promotion of the French higher education and research systems
- Strengthen student mobility within French-Australian scientific collaborations; initiate longer-term collaborations (cotutelle theses, CIFRE theses) through student stays
- Contribute to the reconciling of the Australian university sector with the industry sector and promote the quality of interactions between universities and industry in France
- The Embassy finances the cost of the return flights from Australia to France and social security costs for the duration of the internship (up to 6 months).
- The host university in France provides the intern with a mandatory internship stipend (minimum of 554€ per month according to 2017 figures, subject to change).
- The home university in Australia provides the Laureate with an additional grant to help cover their daily costs during their stay in France ($2500).
In 2018 there are 56 internships in France available for Australian students through the program, offering many opportunities to work with French research labs and industrial partners such as Naval Group, Airbus, Parrot, Total, Nikon and Tales to name a few.
Running of the program and calendar
1) The French universities, schools or group of establishments participating propose laboratory internship topics of 3 to 6 months destined towards Australian students at an Honours (4th year Bachelor), Master or doctoral level. The topic of the internship is developed through exchanges with their industry and Australian university partners. The involvement of French companies with a presence in Australia is an advantage.
Internships must commence before 31 December 2018.
2) The internship topics are available HERE
3) Candidates from the participating Australian universities can submit their application for funding by completing the online “Nicolas Baudin Program” form.
The deadline for applications to be submitted online is 30 April 2018.
4) The Embassy will make the final selection of Laureates along with the participating French and Australian universities with respect to their financial capacities.
The selected Laureates will be announced by the end of May/ beginning of June 2018.
All French higher education establishments are eligible to propose internship topics. In doing so, they agree to fund the mandatory stipend provided to the Laureates.
Students enrolled in Australian universities that are members of the Group of Eight, Australian Technology Network of Universities, Innovative Research Universities and students enrolled at Macquarie University can submit their candidature for one of the French internships on offer. The participating Australian universities agree to provide their Laureates with an additional scholarship of $2500.
The academic profile, level of study required, competencies and knowledge desired are specified by the hosting French university and their industry partner for each internship proposition.
For further information please consult the FAQ document.